We are constantly sourcing for natural and healthy ingredients for our treats and meals. This is one recipe which meets our criteria of using functional ingredients that promotes our dog’s health. The ice lolly contains homemade kefir which is a premium source of probiotics, blueberries as a source of antioxidants and golden turmeric paste which is excellent for joint health. Our doggies enjoy an ice lolly to cool down after their walks. We love the taste too as it is perfect as a thirst quencher!
450 ml kefir milk
1 cup organic blueberries
2 tablespoon golden turmeric paste
- Add the blueberries to the kefir. Stir in the golden turmeric paste and mix well using a blender or a whisk
- Spoon the mixture into ice-cube trays or silicone moulds. Freeze overnight
- Store in the ice cube trays or transfer to a sealed container for storage up to 6 months in the freezer
Note: You can replace the kefir with Greek yogurt or low fat plain yogurt.
To make the golden turmeric paste:
60g organic turmeric powder
1 cup filtered water
70 ml cold pressed virgin coconut oil
1½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place turmeric and water in a pan and stir at low heat for 7-8 minutes until thick. Add some more water if the mixture is too thick
- Stir in coconut oil and ground pepper and mix well
- Cool and store in a sterilized glass jar in the fridge. You can add the golden paste to your dog’s food (start with ½ teaspoon) or mix it in your own cooking
Paws fur Life, Canine massage & nutrition. A healthy dog is a happy dog!